In the Appear TV system, each module can be managed and upgraded separately.
Before carrying out any upgrade, we would recommend taking a backup of the current configuration from the web interface.
To upgrade from 3.4 or later to 3.8:
- Open the maintenance centre in a web browser http://ipaddress:8088
- Upgrade the MMI/switch card using the bamboo firmware file
- Refresh the browser window
- Upgrade the ASIO slave cards using the asi firmware file - all similar cards can be upgraded at the same time
- Upgrade the Bamboo slave cards using the bamboo firmware file - again, all cards can be upgraded together
- Upgrade modulator output (1 slot) cards using the qamout/cofdmout/cable/tv/mod/etc repo file
- Upgrade encoder/transcoder cards using the coder repo file
- Upgrade DDM RF or descrambler cards using ddm-mk2 repo file